This position reports directly to the Board of Directors and serves as the principal professional resource to the Havre Public Schools Education Foundation. HPSEF is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization comprised of community leaders in partnership with our local school system whose mission remains the advancement of student achievement in the Havre Public School system. The Executive Director is identifiable as a visible, positive representative of HPSEF, is responsible for year-round financial reporting and compliance as well as organizational development, builds relationships with and offers support to Foundation donors, ensures that HPSEF policies and procedures are followed and that stated goals and outcomes are achieved. They work collaboratively with the Board of Directors through a well-defined strategy built upon both action and initiative.
The Executive Director is responsible for the efficient and effective performance of all HPS Foundation business operations under the guidance of the Board of Directors.
Responsible for gathering and maintaining all documents that are necessary to ensure the Foundation’s compliance with state and federal financial reporting requirements. For monetary donations, grants, and related charitable and philanthropic support, the Executive Director shall maintain an electronic accounting and filing system for donations, gifts, receipts, invoices, reports and scholarship information. They may also be tasked with preparing reports on these expenditures and providing them to the individual donor, funding agency, or Board of Directors upon request. The Executive Director works under the direction of the Board with respect to the planning, development, administration, supervision, and implementation of a comprehensive fund-raising program. The preparation of all monthly progress reports and associated financial data will be the responsibility of the Executive Director along with reporting to the Board of Directors of the Havre Public Schools Education Foundation. Additional duties may include:
- Assist the Executive Team with the drafting and development of monthly Board Meeting Agendas
- In collaboration with the Board Treasurer and where applicable, the Finance Committee, maintain all financial records for the organization including the following:
- Accounting of all Charitable Donations or monetary gifts received.
- Income and expenditures (monthly and annual)
- Retention of an accurate, monthly record (electronic and paper) of all financial transactions approved by the Board of Directors
- Attend All Board of Director and committee meetings.
- • In cooperation with the Board, coordinate all fundraising activities of the organization.
- • In cooperation with the Board, develop and implement strategies and initiatives for ongoing fundraising and special event-based campaigns to ensure year-round financial growth
- • In cooperation with the Board, coordinate efforts to identify and build relationships with prospective donors.
- In cooperation with the Board, cultivate and maintain relationships with foundations, corporation and individuals and others in collaboration with volunteer leadership to aid in resource development.
- Where appropriate, under the direction of the Board assist with the preparation of grant proposals
- In cooperation with the Board, enhance public understanding and support of HPSEF initiatives through a coordinated year- round public relations and communications program
- In cooperation with the Board, coordinate the preparation of all communication tools
- In cooperation with the Board, cultivate and develop cooperative relationships in the community and with the Board of Trustees and Administration of Havre Public Schools District
- Under the direction of the Board, maintain the organization’s website and social media presence
- Foster a positive working relationship with local Media outlets.
- In cooperation with the Board, monitor the financial resources of HPSEF including annual operating budget.
- In cooperation with the Board, manage donor accounts.
- • In cooperation with the Board, assist with the development of long-range goals, annual work plans, budgets, and strategic plans.
- • In cooperation with the Board, maintain and monitor the organization’s records and the integrity of confidential business information.
- • In cooperation with the Board Chair, assist with the distribution of all meeting notices.
- • Ensure that Day-to-day bookkeeping and database management are performed according to established practices.
Additional duties may be assigned by the HPSEF Board of Directors
Remote/Hybrid Work Assignment
Possibility of Remote Work or Hybrid Work Relationship Available.
$35K -$65K Annual, Based Upon Experience. Benefits - Negotiable
For more information regarding this position or the Foundation, Contact:
Kyle Leeds, Chairman
Havre Public School Education Foundation
PO Box 7791
Havre, MT 59501
(406) 262-0906 (mobile)